The Buyer will be responsible for the execution of all procurement actions with component suppliers. This role must have a high level of analytical and financial competency. Must have excellent communication skills to promote a positive & effective working relationship with business partners and internal segments within the organization.
- Purchase materials from suppliers at the lowest cost consistent with considerations of quality, reliability of source and urgency of need as directed.
- Submit orders with suppliers via phone, e-mail or online.
- Source new vendors to meet needs set forth by clients and company.
- Maintain positive, professional and effective working relationships with suppliers.
- Manage Material Requirement Planning (MRP) system to ensure accurate and updated information.
- Drive the daily diagnostics of inventory and root causes of errors.
- Review reports for accurate cost, inventory review, research usage for opportunity buys, and follow up with vendors for returns and price adjustments.
- Communicate with suppliers concerning Purchase Order changes such as changing order, cancellation of order, tracking order, and special requests.
- Check ship dates to ensure that deliveries are on time. Communicate any variations of the ship date to the proper internal personnel and coordinate resolution process for any developing problems.
- Assist Senior Buyer as needed.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong math, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Acute attention to detail and high level of organization and accuracy
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and manage deadlines accordingly
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Communicate effectively with team, vendors and all levels of management
- Exceptional attention to detail and high level of accuracy & organization
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing policies and procedures
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
Required Education and Experience
- Associate degree in Business
- 2+ years of contract manufacturing purchasing experience
Preferred Education and Experience
- BA or BS degree in Business
- 3-5 years of contract manufacturing purchasing experience
Bell International Laboratories provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.