The Buyer will be responsible for the execution of all procurement actions with component chemical suppliers. This role requires a high level of analytical and financial competency. Must have excellent communication skills to promote a positive & effective working relationship with business partners and internal segments within the organization.
- Purchase materials from suppliers at the lowest cost consistent with considerations of quality, reliability of source and urgency of need as directed.
- Submit orders with suppliers via phone, e-mail or online.
- Source new vendors to meet needs set forth by clients and company.
- Maintain positive, professional, and effective working relationships with suppliers.
- Run open order reports within ERP system
- Manage Material Requirement Planning (MRP) system to ensure accurate and updated information.
- Understand and develop the release and scheduling of raw materials utilizing the existing MRP system.
- Drive the daily diagnostics of inventory and root causes of errors.
- Review daily reports for accurate cost, inventory review, negative margin report review, research usage for opportunity buys, follow up with vendors for returns and price adjustments.
- Communicate with suppliers concerning Purchase Order changes such as changing order, cancellation of order, tracking order, and special requests.
- Resolve discrepancies with quantity, delivery, cost, and quality.
- Check ship dates to ensure that deliveries are on time. Communicate any variations of the ship date to the proper internal personnel and coordinate resolution process for any developing problems.
- Assist Manager of Procurement as needed.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong math, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Acute attention to detail and high level of organization and accuracy
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and manage deadlines accordingly
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Communicate effectively with team, vendors, and all levels of management
- Exceptional attention to detail and high level of accuracy & organization
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing policies and procedures
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
Required Education and Experience
- BA or BS degree in Business/ Supply chain/ Science
- 3-5 years of contract manufacturing purchasing experience (chemical and components)
- MRP experience in a manufacturing environment strongly preferred